Monday, June 16, 2008

My Remarkable Friends

I have decided to begin blogging (if blogging means writing my thoughts) about each of my paintings and the inspiration behind it. So, Yana and Pete, I begin with you.
"Yana and Pete"
2 5X5 Acrylics on Canvas
After perusing more than 300 photos sent to me over the last couple of years by my jet-setting friends, Pete and Yana, I selected these photos because I felt they each offered terrific insight into the unique charm and character of this couple.

Each painting offered its own challenge for me. Yana’s hand (which I am continuously working on) and Pete’s glasses and facial hair (I am used to painting children) each caused a little more sweat and tears than I am used to.

I enjoyed spending time with my friends over the course of the last few days. It was the next best thing to being with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have gotten so many comments on how great these are from my friends! You're a terrific artist! Keep at it, and I can't wait to see what you do next.

-- Yana