Wednesday, June 25, 2008

One Hour Study

"Little Ball of Fluff"
5X5 Acrylic on Canvas

The title of this portrait has changed. Jenny and I decided that this title is more appropriate. Not only does Nicholas look like a little ball of fluff, but his big brother, Heller, used to call him that and we love it!

I have been experimenting with what I can do in one hour or less. The last two paintings are part of this study. Of course, with only one hour, I am not able to pay attention to the fine details, but it is a time for me to experiement with color mixing and some new techniques. I have made a decision to NOT go back to these paintings and tweak, but to leave them as they are.

2 comments:

ch said...

Your flesh tones are beautiful on this one!
One hour study-wow!

Anonymous said...

Heller's little ball of fluff!!!